| next ]
Cycle of Development
Cycle of development
Length of cycle
- Initial start or conversion to ENVY:
- Decide on overall structure and create top level components, then
- Resolve name clashes; version all components.
- After initial phase, loop as follows:
- Make components editable.
- Write code and integrate it with other team members. Test and
bug-fix the public
interface between collaborating classes. If desired, do informal code
- Do full integration.
- Test, fix bugs, reintegrate; repeat this step until satisfied.
- Brand components with a version name, making them read only.
* This step includes putting third party code into ENVY. Once they are
purchased components need not enter the "cycle" until the
component vendor releases
a new version.
- Depends upon team size and application size
- No shorter than two weeks recommended, except in code freeze,
- Typical cycle length that worked well for teams of 6 to 12
developers was 4 weeks.
| next ]