Stuff For Sale
2004 Summer Tour
In The Press
Veggie Van Gogh
Please patronize sponsors of this page!
Bytesmiths no longer is involved in software consulting. Maintenance of this web site is currently subsidised by unrelated business activities. Please pass the word to other interested folks, so I can continue to host this page!
- All in the Memory -- bookkeeping services
- Arabella -- a dynamic musical duo
- Bytesmiths Editions -- large, archival, fine-art photography on unusual materials
- Bytesmiths Press -- artists' services: web design/hosting, jury slides, giclee reproductions, opening announcements, brochures, etc.
- Champagne Beadworks -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Crafted By Carol -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Dana Fontaine -- unique photography-derived art
- Dymond Graphics -- note cards, pet/people photography
- Fountains & Funktini -- glass art and more from Beth Keenan and JoAnn Rawley
- Gemini Gypsy -- Carole Good-Hanson's fused glass frames
- Mary Kollman Fine Art -- lovely floral watercolor originals
- Primrose Studio -- terra cotta switch plate covers and wall art
- Ratso's Studio -- astoundingly realistic bronze sculpture
- The Spiral Gallery -- local artists exhibit in the Oregon Cascades foothills
- The Roaming Artist -- info and resources for artists "on the road"
- Van Dyke Sepias -- Jan Van Dyke's nostalgic sepia toned photography
- Veggiemog -- life and times of Kelly O'Toole's Unimog, running on biodiesel
- Village of Willamette Arts Festival -- annual visual/performing arts festival, third weekend of September
- Whitehorse Designs -- Gwen Miller's beadwork and fused glass
- West Linn Arts Commission -- city support for the arts
Your site could be listed here, for as little as $12 per month! Go to Bytesmiths Press for details.
This site has been selected by PC Webopaedia as one of the best on this topic!
This site has been awarded a Links2Go Key Resource Award in the Smalltalk category!
| next ]
Who Can Do What?
Certain actions require certain state.
- The only way to create a new edition is from a version.
- The only way to release a class is into an app or subapp that is
- Only class versions may be released.
- For a component to be versioned (thereby locking it from
changing), all of its
components must be versioned.
- When you want to change one little part of a versioned component
(e. g., a method
in a class version), you must first make editions (unlock) all of the
- You can make class editions in a special kind of app or subapp
edition called a scratch edition
.. ENVY does not maintain any version history for scratch editions. They
to be a temporary, short lived, convenience for the programmer.
| next ]