Stuff For Sale
2004 Summer Tour
In The Press
Veggie Van Gogh
Please patronize sponsors of this page!
Bytesmiths no longer is involved in software consulting. Maintenance of this web site is currently subsidised by unrelated business activities. Please pass the word to other interested folks, so I can continue to host this page!
- All in the Memory -- bookkeeping services
- Arabella -- a dynamic musical duo
- Bytesmiths Editions -- large, archival, fine-art photography on unusual materials
- Bytesmiths Press -- artists' services: web design/hosting, jury slides, giclee reproductions, opening announcements, brochures, etc.
- Champagne Beadworks -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Crafted By Carol -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Dana Fontaine -- unique photography-derived art
- Dymond Graphics -- note cards, pet/people photography
- Fountains & Funktini -- glass art and more from Beth Keenan and JoAnn Rawley
- Gemini Gypsy -- Carole Good-Hanson's fused glass frames
- Mary Kollman Fine Art -- lovely floral watercolor originals
- Primrose Studio -- terra cotta switch plate covers and wall art
- Ratso's Studio -- astoundingly realistic bronze sculpture
- The Spiral Gallery -- local artists exhibit in the Oregon Cascades foothills
- The Roaming Artist -- info and resources for artists "on the road"
- Van Dyke Sepias -- Jan Van Dyke's nostalgic sepia toned photography
- Veggiemog -- life and times of Kelly O'Toole's Unimog, running on biodiesel
- Village of Willamette Arts Festival -- annual visual/performing arts festival, third weekend of September
- Whitehorse Designs -- Gwen Miller's beadwork and fused glass
- West Linn Arts Commission -- city support for the arts
Your site could be listed here, for as little as $12 per month! Go to Bytesmiths Press for details.
This site has been selected by PC Webopaedia as one of the best on this topic!
This site has been awarded a Links2Go Key Resource Award in the Smalltalk category!
| next ]
- The shaded components, configurations and sub-applications, are optional
Class extensions are not required, but they are so useful that you will
(configuration maps) are a named collection of applications. They are
control, and know how to load themselves, so the developer does not need
to be concerned
about load order of the applications in the configuration. A configuration
used to build an entire production image, or it can be used to load
of applications, such as a corporate widget set.
are a set of related classes and class extensions that together serve a
An application knows exactly which versions of its classes to load.
know which other applications they depend upon, which must be present
the image. They also know which versions of their prerequisites they are
Lastly, they can determine at load time what their own structure should be
of their sub-applications should be loaded).
are just like applications except that they cannot be loaded without
and they rely on the parent application to know their prerequisites.
Instead of children,
they can be considered more like "wards", since a
sub-application can be a part of more than one application. They cannot be
part of two applications which are loaded
into a single image. They are useful for organization of large
they are valuable for separation of platform specific code. They are a
for developers to share code which has not been moved into a "project
differ from Class Extensions
in their inclusion of the class definition and class comment. In all
they are alike. Of course, a Class Extension depends upon the presence of
Class in the image. Different developers can and often do have
a Class and Extensions to it. There can be good reasons for a class to be
one application and extended in several others all as part of one
cannot exist except as part of a Class or Class Extension.
| next ]