Stuff For Sale
2004 Summer Tour
In The Press
Veggie Van Gogh
Please patronize sponsors of this page!
Bytesmiths no longer is involved in software consulting. Maintenance of this web site is currently subsidised by unrelated business activities. Please pass the word to other interested folks, so I can continue to host this page!
- All in the Memory -- bookkeeping services
- Arabella -- a dynamic musical duo
- Bytesmiths Editions -- large, archival, fine-art photography on unusual materials
- Bytesmiths Press -- artists' services: web design/hosting, jury slides, giclee reproductions, opening announcements, brochures, etc.
- Champagne Beadworks -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Crafted By Carol -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Dana Fontaine -- unique photography-derived art
- Dymond Graphics -- note cards, pet/people photography
- Fountains & Funktini -- glass art and more from Beth Keenan and JoAnn Rawley
- Gemini Gypsy -- Carole Good-Hanson's fused glass frames
- Mary Kollman Fine Art -- lovely floral watercolor originals
- Primrose Studio -- terra cotta switch plate covers and wall art
- Ratso's Studio -- astoundingly realistic bronze sculpture
- The Spiral Gallery -- local artists exhibit in the Oregon Cascades foothills
- The Roaming Artist -- info and resources for artists "on the road"
- Van Dyke Sepias -- Jan Van Dyke's nostalgic sepia toned photography
- Veggiemog -- life and times of Kelly O'Toole's Unimog, running on biodiesel
- Village of Willamette Arts Festival -- annual visual/performing arts festival, third weekend of September
- Whitehorse Designs -- Gwen Miller's beadwork and fused glass
- West Linn Arts Commission -- city support for the arts
Your site could be listed here, for as little as $12 per month! Go to Bytesmiths Press for details.
This site has been selected by PC Webopaedia as one of the best on this topic!
This site has been awarded a Links2Go Key Resource Award in the Smalltalk category!
| next ]
- "Fine grained" -- at the level of individual methods and
- "Real time" -- each method is stored upon accept, and is
immediately available to
- Code units have semantics, and have relationships to other code
units, typically "is
contained by" and "requires" kinds of relationships. This
property allows a code
unit to be meaningfully referred to as a "module".
- An individual code unit's developer,
a system integrator, decides when that code unit is ready to become part
of its containing
configuration. This pushes responsibility down to an appropriate level --
the most knowledge about a thing should make decisions about that thing.
It also reduces an organization's vulnerability to single point of failure
an integration guru.
- Modules and users interact in pre-defined roles: manager, owner,
| next ]