Stuff For Sale
2004 Summer Tour
In The Press
Veggie Van Gogh
Please patronize sponsors of this page!
Bytesmiths no longer is involved in software consulting. Maintenance of this web site is currently subsidised by unrelated business activities. Please pass the word to other interested folks, so I can continue to host this page!
- All in the Memory -- bookkeeping services
- Arabella -- a dynamic musical duo
- Bytesmiths Editions -- large, archival, fine-art photography on unusual materials
- Bytesmiths Press -- artists' services: web design/hosting, jury slides, giclee reproductions, opening announcements, brochures, etc.
- Champagne Beadworks -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Crafted By Carol -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Dana Fontaine -- unique photography-derived art
- Dymond Graphics -- note cards, pet/people photography
- Fountains & Funktini -- glass art and more from Beth Keenan and JoAnn Rawley
- Gemini Gypsy -- Carole Good-Hanson's fused glass frames
- Mary Kollman Fine Art -- lovely floral watercolor originals
- Primrose Studio -- terra cotta switch plate covers and wall art
- Ratso's Studio -- astoundingly realistic bronze sculpture
- The Spiral Gallery -- local artists exhibit in the Oregon Cascades foothills
- The Roaming Artist -- info and resources for artists "on the road"
- Van Dyke Sepias -- Jan Van Dyke's nostalgic sepia toned photography
- Veggiemog -- life and times of Kelly O'Toole's Unimog, running on biodiesel
- Village of Willamette Arts Festival -- annual visual/performing arts festival, third weekend of September
- Whitehorse Designs -- Gwen Miller's beadwork and fused glass
- West Linn Arts Commission -- city support for the arts
Your site could be listed here, for as little as $12 per month! Go to Bytesmiths Press for details.
This site has been selected by PC Webopaedia as one of the best on this topic!
This site has been awarded a Links2Go Key Resource Award in the Smalltalk category!
| next ]
Multiple Team Needs
- Planning for reuse -- "chicken and egg" problem: projects
must re-use specifications
and designs, or they cannot hope to re-use code. Conversely, code must be
and designed for re-use, or it will not be re used.
- Corporate base: basic frameworks and toolkits that are assumed by
developers to exist,
and to have quality similar to the vendor supplied system code:
- Inter-team needs are different than team needs. Searching for frameworks
suitable for re-use dominates inter-team use, while integration support,
is not needed at all. Unfortunately, there is sometimes a second problem
teams -- a corporate culture that tolerates the "NIH
- must be re integratable, so that developers have a palette of options
to choose, and
- must be quality, or developers will quickly abandon them.
- "Chicken and egg" revisited: most infrastructures
"grow" into quality through diverse
usage and subsequent changes/fixes, yet inferior infrastructures never get
needed to improve.
| next ]