Stuff For Sale
2004 Summer Tour
In The Press
Veggie Van Gogh
Please patronize sponsors of this page!
Bytesmiths no longer is involved in software consulting. Maintenance of this web site is currently subsidised by unrelated business activities. Please pass the word to other interested folks, so I can continue to host this page!
- Bytesmiths Editions -- large, archival, fine-art photography on unusual materials
- Bytesmiths Press -- artists' services: web design/hosting, jury slides, giclee reproductions, opening announcements, brochures, etc.
- Champagne Beadworks -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Crafted By Carol -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- EcoReality, an organization devoted to establishing a sustainable ecovillage
- Ecovillage Newsletter -- Diana Leafe Christian's news of her travels.
- Gemini Gypsy -- Carole Good-Hanson's fused glass frames
- Green Chipper -- light forestry and environmental services.
- Salt Spring Island Society for Community Education -- community education on our island of 10,000.
- Veggie Van Gogh -- two artists' mobile warehouse and living quarters, petroleum-free!
- Veggiemog -- life and times of Kelly O'Toole's Unimog, running on biodiesel
Your site could be listed here, for as little as $12 per month! Go to Bytesmiths Press for details.
This site has been selected by PC Webopaedia as one of the best on this topic!
This site has been awarded a Links2Go Key Resource Award in the Smalltalk category!
Task Management and Bug Tracking
In one project studied, we found that during development, bug
tracking was consuming up to 20% of each developer's time, and as
much as 50% of the project leader's time. This is clearly
unacceptable, and we built a combination task managemnt and bug
tracking system that enabled us to re-direct this wasted time back
into development tasks.
Our bug tracking system is tightly integrated with
VisualWorks® and ENVY®/Developer. Bugs are typically
entered into the system directly from a notifier or
debugger, with the problem context optionally captured for
off-line debugging. When entered from a debugger, much of
the routine information is automatically derived from the
added Bugsub button
The bug editing form associates user roles with task
states, and automatically sends SMTP email to the interested
parties whenever the bug state changes. It features an
innovative GUI guidance system that disables all illegal
fields for any combination of bug state and user, and warps
the cursor to the next required field. (This can be invoked
at any time by pressing the "Duh?" button.)
A Bug Editor
The multiple-tasks view, the BugTalker Browser,
features switchable user-centered or application-centered
views and a graphical selection and query mechanism. The
colored bars at the lower left visually indicate the
proportional distribution of bugs in three dimensions --
priority, age, and state -- and clicking on those bars cause
bugs matching the bar's predicate to be selected. Modifier
keys extend the selection via logical "or" or "and", thus
offering an ad-hoc query mechanism.
Bugs are stored in Applications and
SubApplications, and are versioned with them,
thus offering persistent bug state history at app "freeze"